Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tunnel, light...

So that's it. I'm starting to feel better after my last ever chemo. And I mean EVER --will do whatever it takes to keep it that way. But as I say that, if it ever was to happen again, I know I would get through it. I took my last anti-nausea pill a few days ago and my last steroid last night. I still have to get through day 5 to 10 of the round, which is when I have no immune system. Today is day 7. Got a whole bottle of antibiotics to get through before I'm clear of infections. Next week the picc line comes out before the beach trip. Looking forward to that, although it is a great invention I have very much appreciated. Lets just say I avoided about 15 blood tests and 10 IV's by having it - and that's lots and lots of painful, yucky needles.

Once this cancer experience is over, I want to use my blog to talk about what I'm learning in my research to be healthy, and make sure me and my loved ones live in a healthy environment. I don't wanna preach or become a nut case about it -- just share what I know. All those chemical, toxins, hormones and processed crap out there seems so overwhelming and unavoidable, but if you think of a few years ago, no one wanted to hear or to talk green. And look what's happening now...

1 comment:

Timmer said...

I can vouch for that last part about avoiding everyday toxins. It was the same thing when my mother had breast-cancer; what an eye-opener to the amount of drugs and chemicals in our food and in our environment. Its a tough sell for some people: buying natural and organic, shopping at farmer's markets instead of Loblaws, cooking from scratch, etc. Its more work and its more expensive. But pretty much everything at your big box grocery store has hormones, pesticides and other chemicals in it. Can you really consume that stuff everyday for your entire life and not suffer any ill effects? I doubt it.