Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Avoidance, maybe?

I forgot my ultrasound appointment yesterday for the lump under my arm. I thought it would go away on it's own --**never do that when you find a lump**-- but for me, it wasn't there before chemo and it feels like a regular period lump (I'm just not getting my period). I would have never found that one. Who looks in an arm pit? I'm still having trouble feeling it since I confuse it with a rib. The point is they could send me for another biopsy and I really don't want to go through that again. The point of getting a double mastectomy was to avoid these tests. We'll see, no use worrying about it now, or so I tell myself. My new appointment in on Thursday.

On another note, I think I'm going to start the Tamoxifen medication shortly. Good thing I have insurance because I'm sure it's expensive. I still want to talk to my friend oncologist first, I just have to find a good time. In the mean time, I think I'm in a chemo induced temporary menopause in it's not so bad. I seem to be controlling side effects with my diet.

And where is my hair? It's growing in patches. I hope I don't end up with a bald spot on the top of my head, which is what it looks like right now. That thought is just plain nerve wracking.

My new blog is up. It's called More of Less and it's about all I'm learning from my research on health, food, toxins, consumption and sustainability. Check it out: http://moreoflessblog.blogspot.com/.

No comments: