Thursday, February 5, 2009

Messed with the wrong chick

I hate drains. I think I'm healing because I now feel those suckers (literally) in my chest and they feel gross. The problem is the removal tomorrow is causing me serious anxiety. I'm afraid I might even throw up. I physically react to potential pain, like shivering, nausea and not feeling my legs. The bright side will be no more drains! Apparently I'll feel much better once they're gone, both physically and emotionally. The first thing I'm doing after is taking a bath, but my chest will have to stay dry --a challenge, but possible. Then a nap since I suspect the drain removal will have drained me. Ha! Other than that, I think I'm going great, considering. Went shopping and to a friend's house for dinner yesterday and walked Oli in the woods today. My body is still not working as it should, but I'm doing what I can to fix that. I even think I might go to the Dale Smith gallery tomorrow night if I feel up to it. Could use a nice artsy distraction with lots of people I like. I need to get D out of this house too --the stress is making him tired and he needs to get away from me a bit... really, who wouldn't at this point. He's being great though. I think I scare him right now, but he doesn't tell me. His usual not saying much and avoiding reality is quite useful at the moment.

Everywhere I go I see this ad for the breast cancer walk weekend in June. I think I'll sign up for it. Anyone interested? We could walk first, then drink copious amounts of booze (to steal words from a friend). Well not me since I'll be in chemo, but you could! :) Cancer f***ed with the wrong chick and I plan to bring it to its knees --if cancer had knees. No wait, I will sit back while cancer grows knees (it grew balls at some point, didn't it?), watch them get solid and healthy (yes, still talking about knees here), then I'll break them slowly! Ha! goooooood. When I'm done, cancer will be begging me to stop torturing it and I won't listen. I can be nasty when I'm mad and in this case, I'm livid.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Hi Angèle, so that is all over now - so glad - and we miss you at work. it is very quiet without you and I always glance into your space, neat and tidy but no you. Come back to visit us soon. Diana