Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Work day

Went to work today. Why? Because I get to see people I like, because it makes me feel normal, because I have no real stressful responsibilities and because I was going stir crazy at home. At least this way, I can help out at work where I'm needed without burning myself out. I'll take it easy and stay home if I don't feel up to it, but I'm fine. Really. If was funny to see colleagues do a double take today after seeing how healthy I look --I guess I don't look like I just had surgery. Good, because I doubt chemo will be this easy. Well, maybe this is not easy, but it's not impossible.

Thursday morning is my my post-op appointment. That's the dreaded pathology report day. I'll find out if I need more surgery for cancerous lymph nodes, and if my cancer was hormone receptive and fun stuff like that. I'm scared, but my gut tells me I'm fine. I hope my gut is right. Will keep you posted.

No comments: