Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cash to end cancer

Went out with my playgroup girlfriends on Wednesday night. C. de Lune's baby playgroup, not mine. :) I met most of them when she was only 4 months old. I don't get to see them very often, but at least I see them regularly enough. And time flies at an insane rate when we start talking. And eating. And drinking. No drinking for me though. Not yet. Soon. Oh so soon.

Of course, the conversation hovered around cancer quite a bit, among other subjects like upcoming babies and new boobs and such. One of my friend's mom is fighting a tough battle, and another friend has a girlfriend who is going through the same chemo regime as me, just two rounds ahead of me. Unfortunately, she had a worse case. That's when I realize that it all could be so much worse.

Someone called cancer devastating. It's moments like those that I get an electric shock of reality. I'm living something most people call devastating. I agree, cancer is devastating, but when you land in the middle of it, it's not so dark. Daily life goes on because it must, and there's no time to think of what it is you're really struggling through.

While I was in the hospital this weekend, my neighbours were selling stuff, donating all proceeds from their garage sale to Relay for Life, a charity event to end cancer. I was very disappointed to miss out on all the buying and selling goodness, but can you believe they made over 800$! That's awesome.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Hello Angèle, How are you? Diana