Thursday, June 11, 2009

One to go

Chemo round #5 is done people! Only one to go. I see light at the end of the cancer tunnel, and the music is loud and the booze flowing. Yes, I'm having a party to celebrate my return to normal life -- a luxury I'm sure many of you take for granted. I will be able to take a normal bath, saran wrap optional. I'll be able to feel good for more than 2 weeks at a time. I'll be able to let my kid kiss me on the lips again. I'll be able to run and get my nice muscles back. I might even go back to work one day :).

I think this time I should feel a bit better. Chemo is very much a trial and error experience. Since everyone has different side effects, it take 1 or 2 nasty experiences to get the meds right. This time I'm getting weened off the steroids in order to prevent the blood pressure drop and bone pain. I have a bigger dose of morphine that I should be taking regularly, in order to not end up needed more when the pain gets too bad. And I'll be on preventative antibiotics starting on day 5 of the cycle, to prevent infections, of course. Sounds good to me because I canat be in the hospital this time, because C. de Lune is having a pirate summer party next Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: