Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Doing alright

This round, so far, has been much easier on me. I'm doing very well --maybe the summer weather is helping. I'm on preventative antibiotics right now but my tongue is still very white --it's thrush, a bacteria that can overgrow when your immune system is down. No fever so far, no pain and lots of appetite. But I'm off the steroids now so the bone pain might still come. I hate waiting for something like that. Cancer and chemo in particular are teaching me a lot about living in the moment. I have no real choice, really, because when I'm sick, it's hard to believe it will go away, and when I'm feeling good, I don't wanna think of the next round of getting sick. It's a good lesson I hope will stay with me. I just hope I can out of the hospital from now until Sunday, because a house full of pirates without me could be disastrous.

No comments: