Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dirty veins

Saw my oncologist today for my follow-up appointment. I actually got to see Dr Stan the Man, a rare occasion. I like him, he's easy going. Apparently, I'm doing well and he's happy with my progress. I guess by body is responding to the treatment, chemo wise, that is.

Tomorrow is a new type of chemo. This one shouldn't make me as nauseous, maybe not at all. And it has a different smell. Halleluya! Although just going to the cancer centre makes me nauseous now. Anyways, that's all good news. The bad news is it'll give me aches and pains. I wonder which is worse. But if baths and Tylenol can control the aches and anti-nausea pills (including synthetic m-j pills, heehee) control the nausea, I should be all set. They gave me steroids to take for 3 days to prevent an allergic reaction to the new chemo because of it's composition. The chemo itself is an insoluble plant dirivetive, so to make it injectable, they mix it with...wait for it...detergent. Yes, that's right. I guess my veins are dirty. I said to my doc "that's insane!" for which he answered "not insane, cool!" Yeeeaaahhh.... Doctors have an odd sense of what's cool. Gotta love 'em. I might have trouble sleeping high on stereoids, so I got the ok to take a sleeping pill. All these pills to counter the other pills' side effects. It would be "funny" if I could make a full circle where the last pill's side effect is fixed by chemo. Would that be like taking none of them?

1 comment:

Jedidja said...

Very glad to hear the treatments are working :)