Sunday, May 24, 2009

Head down

Well, it was too good to be true. I woke up lightheaded this morning and fought with my dropping blood pressure all day. Head down! Head down! I looked odd sitting on my front porch with my head between my knees. At least I'm not nauseous, but the rest of my stomach isn't so happy. My immune system is definitely taking a hit from this chemo cocktail. I can feel it. My child has pointed out the odd colour and size of my tongue. Nice. But she doesn't seemed bothered by it. None of this seems to bother her too much. The phrase "going with the flow" must be her motto. As for me, I really hope I can fight off infection --I have an 80% chance of not ending up in the hospital in the next 12 weeks. Good odds, but i also had an 80% of not having a positive cancer biopsy back in November. I guess we'll see.

No comments: