Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hypochondre-acting

I think there is a fundamental truth about diseases : Not knowing what in the world you have is far worse than dealing with what you do have. No one told me I was going to start obsessing about every little thing happening in my body I don't recognise. I don't mean loosing my long blond curls to chemo --I know that's coming, and why. I mean, why is the hair on my legs suddenly not growing as much? Why are my feet so dry? Why am I dizzy in the morning? Why do I have this other odd little lump in that same breast? Why, why, why. It could be bad, hell, I could have cancer! Oh wait...

Knowing is easier. Which is why I'm looking foward to this MRI on Friday that will scan all of me searching for rogues...little buggers. I called them to asked if I could drink before. An odd request I know, and I imagine myself showing up drunk, but it's not as interesting as all that. My work holiday lunch is that day and I want to enjoy a glass of yummy of two.

Will let you know how it all goes.

1 comment:

bettyg said...

You shouldn't be shy about asking. I would totally want to help a friend or acquaintance in that way if my profession or expertise allowed me to.

Beautiful picture by the way.