Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Chemo's eve


Here we are, or I guess I should say here I am, on the eve of chemo. If you ask me, chemo is as near hell as I ever want to be. I know there are worse things to live through, and at least I know what it is and I'm confident I can cope with it. Actually, I can think of much, much worse things that are way closer to hell, so forget I said anything. It's still chemo though. Sigh. I'm in the dark feeling my way around something I think I might recognise. I feel like I'm waiting for a sentence to start. I've spent my whole life avoiding putting crap into myself and now I'm voluntarily letting them slow drip not one, but 3 different poisons in me, plus anti-nausea drugs. Yes people, I'm getting the "nasty" dose. I know it's "for my own good", but that fact doesn't make it any easier. After tomorrow, the me I know at this moment will no longer exist. "I" most likely will come back, but I doubt I'll hear or feel like me for awhile. With the nausea and vomitting, and the hair loss, and the mouth sores and the temporary menopausal side effects, I'll be so much fun. Sink or swim, sink or swim... I'll go to bed now, before I sink. I'll keep you posted as best I can. Promise.

2 comments:

Diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana said...

Angèle,I know that I am not alone when I say that I will be thinking a lot about you today, we are with you. One comfort, that time does not stop and it will be over. One down and behind you.
Come and see us when you feel well enough. We miss you. Diana