Thursday, March 19, 2009

Side effect territory


In case you're not Twittering or Facebooking, this is for you: I'm feeling sick to my stomach despite the 18$ a pills anti-nausea drug. Apparently though, vomiting is not acceptable so if I do, I'm to call my nurse to get a juicy shot. Bleh, feel nauseous and my mouth is pasty (fast multiplying cells that they are). As for the experience itself, it was fine, even pleasant. Nurses are nice and sympathetic and there are lots of windows and stuff. I cried of course, seeing the first drug go into my arm since it was bright red and well, what's to expect? But I didn't feel anything. I got to suck on a freezy during the second drug to protect my mouth cells, and had sinus issues with the third drug. All totaled, including blood test, we were there for 5 hours. The chemo drugs on their own took no more than 1:30. Now I'm in side effect territory and I feel sick. Need more drugs or my lunch will come out. Sooon.

No comments: