Sunday, March 29, 2009

My own scar

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo when this is all over. I see it as a scar I decide to have, a scar I have control over. This is an idea I've been playing with on and off for years now. Last year, I finally decided where it would go if I was to get one: outer upper arm, almost at the shoulder --that never really wrinkles, does it? It would have to be the left arm now since I can't get anything done to my right, thanks to lymph node removal. I keep toggling on the whole thing though. But lately a friend told me the legend of Amazon women cutting off their right breasts to shoot their arrows with more precision and it got me thinking. I made the decision to remove my breasts to kill something bad. Maybe a bow and arrow would be appropriate. No? I'm still thinking. And I'm afraid of the needle. Yeah, yeah, I know, I've got a tube up my arm now, so what's the big deal? Still. I HATE NEEDLES.

2 comments:

Jedidja said...

Hey Angele .. have been reading since you posted the blog on twitter with, unfortunately, very little idea of what to comment. I think the idea of a tattoo as something you can control is great -- it totally makes sense.

For ideas? I think watching Xena when she became an Amazon might yield some ideas :) Plus Shaggy has got to be on board with watching Xena episodes =)

Looking forward to reading more about the whole experience on here; you are so strong and I'm glad to hear about all sides of the experience even though I'm not in Ottawa.

Diana said...

Hello Angèle, I read and wish I could help with such a horrible experience. I am with you in thought as I am sure we all are. One session is done and over with.

A tattoo is good, it really hurts though (I hear!) but that will be nothing after this and tattoos can be beautiful. I can see you with one. I hope that all the Spring things and warmth will raise your spirits and come to see us when you feel well enough. A big hug to you, Diana