Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The plan

I've been nursing a bad cold the last few days --I hope it's bad just because it is, not because of chemo. But today I had to get out of the house, especially that D is back at work and I'm so very bored. So I went to lunch with my friend L, then to the mall. I bought nice scarves and a bit of makeup. I haven't worn makeup in years, but I feel if I don't while I'm bald and white, I will just disappear. Anyways, bought good no Paraben stuff because I'm on a military mission to save my ass. Since I know that stupid tumor was hormonal receptive and therefore fed by something specific they know of, and that the mutation gene is NEGATIVE (woot!), I feel I can do something to prevent this hell from ever hitting me again. This is the plan:

1. I'm not sure about the whole hormone blocking therapy that will put me into early menopause. I rather wait until it starts naturally, then go on the drugs. But my oncologist has other plans and I might have to convince him. Either way, I'm undecided.

2. No more puberty. That should be easy.

3. No more taking the pill. In hindsight, taking the pill was better than having a baby when I wasn't ready, but I took it for 9 years and back then, it was high in hormones. That said, I would take it again if I was 17.

4. No more plastic #7. It's full of Benophenol A (in other words, estrogen). This year the government warned us about this. It's in baby bottles (that was me in the 70's), spring water bottles in dispensers at work (been drinking that for 10 years), and other containers we drink and eat from. It's even having effect on mens' reproductive system.

5. No more meat injected with hormones, which red meat is, unless you buy the "free from" kind.

6. The sad one. No more babies for me. This is a decision I/we made before cancer, and they are not protecting my reproductive system during chemo because of this decision, but since pregnancy spikes hormones, I don't think it would be a good idea.

That's my plan.

No comments: