Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sci-fi like

My week is going to be different from what I had expected. Good thing I like surprises, because there are plenty going around right now. Got the flu on the weekend (a cruel joke, if you ask me since I got a glimpse of nasty nausea). Consequently, my chemo info session and the start of chemo was pushed back a week. The radiation consultation is still on for tomorrow though. I found out my hair could fall out as fast as 10 days after my first round, and I got my prosthetics. That was an odd, yet normal feeling experience, and they look surprisingly real. That should make me feel better this summer, with the tubes coming out of my arm and my bald head and all. I was thinking, I get myself an orange wig and I can be Leyloo from the Fifth Element --flat chested and sci-fi like. Maybe it's more realistic to raid my friend's closet for all her nice scarves. I'll ask...I have the cancer card, after all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hope you are feeling better after the flu. you will look great whether it is the cue ball look or the fluorescent orange wig! hey keep them wondering switch it up. Let me know when you are in again, so I can bake some goodies for ya! I have a fantastic new recipe for a coconut macaroon topped cake ...since the topping is a frosting, I could always do a chocolate brownie base.

cheerio! you amaze me as usual ...m