Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nasty nausea

Today, 5 days after the last chemo round, has been one of the worst nauseated days of my life. Ugh. It sucks doubly since some of my girlfriends are going out for desert and drinks tonight. I don't see them often and I wish I was well enough to go. And now my nose is overly sensitive, something that happens to me about once a month. It doesn't help the nausea to have everything smell so yuck. It really is like when I was pregnant --nausea, nose sensitivity, tiredness, grouchyness, the works. And to top it off, I will end up with a life at the end of this 9 month period. I thought I would be better after a few days, but apparently it takes the full week. The only time I was ok was for the Metric concert, thank god! Eating seems to help, but I can't go on eating all night. I'm not taking the medication because one or more of them make me hyper and the others make me sleepy. Very, very bad combination. I took Gravol, but I'm not sure if it's helping. It's hard to keep my spirits up when I feel this way --seems I'll never get better. I guess I need to focus on July 2nd, the date of my last round. When I get better the week after that, i will stay better. At least, that's the plan. I'll never take my health or the health of my love ones for granted again.

My last blood test showed that my white blood cell count is low: it's 3.5 and normal it between 4 and 12. I dropped from 7.5. It seems to be enough for me so far, touch wood, since I'm doing ok on the cold, flu and infection side of things. I wonder if the probiotics I'm taking are helping with that. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if I got sick. I'm just hoping to stay infection free and out of the hospital. My platelets count is very good, which explains why i wasn't feeling too tired the last weeks.

Last night, C de Lune was upset. She told me at bedtime that she doesn't want to go to school anymore because she thinks of me and misses me while she's there. I promised her I would always be there for her and I plan to keep that promise. She asked me to stay in bed with her all night and she gave me massages, cuddled me and fell asleep holding my hand. She told me she wants to live with me forever even when she has children. I'm sure she'll change her mind, but it sounds nice to me right now! That was a night I tried to memorise as much as I could because I want to keep it with me forever.

No comments: