Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sunshine outing

Went out today, first time alone since the last round. Odd that I got better on Sunday and worse the 2 following days. I think it's probably due to having some leftover medication in me, enough to keep the nausea at bay, not enough to make crazy. I wonder if in the next --and LAST 4 chemo rounds if I can figure out the perfect medication mix. Maybe I can just suck it up.

The outing left me very tired. I walked a lot in the sunshine which felt great, but I took the bus too so I hope no bus people gave me something nasty. Good thing I didn't kiss any of them. What I like the least about this bald head is it announces my disease to the world. When I still had my hear, I looked normal, healthy. Now everyone can guess my fate. My friends and family knowing is one thing, it's support and love. Having strangers know is intrusive and annoying. But whatever, I only have 4 more nonconsecutive weeks of hell, a month in total. I can cope. Then I wonder if they'll do my reconstruction this fall instead of waiting a year. Maybe if I ask nicely. There are so many nice tops and dresses I want to buy for my new-no-bra-forever body. It will please me.

No comments: