Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's time

Saw my oncologist today. Well, not him, one of the doctors that works with him. I imagine him in a big chair in the back room, answering all the questions the minions --i.e. other doctors and the nurses-- throw at him. That's probably exactly how it is.

It appears my allergic reaction was triggered by one of the anti-nausea medications, not chemo. If it had been from chemo, it would have been instantaneous. Apparently, reactions to this drug are quite common, 1 out of 5 people have it, just in different forms. My reaction was extreme to say the least. This is fine, since there are plenty of anti-nausea meds out there. Nevertheless, I'm sure they'll keep a close eye on me next Black Thursday, April 9th. And it seems I was also very sick, comparatively speaking. Next time I have to be ok by Sunday night, since we are off to the Metric concert, which I refuse to miss.

Now about my hair. It's coming out a lot. Not in big chunk, but lots of it at a time. Very messy. I think I left my DNA in every trash can I saw today. My scalp is also very sensitive, like I've been wearing a ponytail for months. I think it's decided that it's coming off tonight. I washed it for the last time and waited for it to dry. It's dry now. I guess it's time. I don't wanna.

1 comment:

Micheep said...

Well, it's quite the feat to be without hair and to still look lovelier than most people--but you just pull it off effortlessly, don't you, kid? I would murder for those cheekbones. Yes, I would.