Thursday, April 30, 2009

I hate chemo

Back from third and final FEC. Next time, they change my chemo cocktail, one where they stick my hands in ice during the treatment to protect my fingernails. The things I have to look forward to. My friend J came along today and managed to make the experience a pleasant one. What won't trashy magazines and good conversation do? Now the nausea, the headache and the all around yucky feelings are coming. I hate chemo. I know, who doesn't? I still wanna say it out loud. I can still smell the rubbing alcohol on me and it's making my stomach complain, just like I am now. I hate that smell now. I'm grouchy. And now I'm reacting to the picc in my arm and it was itchy as hell--seems their cleanser is bad on my skin, and the thing is slowly coming out. Grrr. I want all this over with. Come on July! At least my blood test was normal. Just in time for the Swin flu. But now, I have antibodies to fight it off.

No comments: