Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2 dodos to go

2 dodos (sleeps) to go before D day. It appears the nuclear cardiac test is routine. Phew! I wish they said that on the phone when they leave messages for these tests. I'm finding out that now that I'm "sick", every medical procedure I'm asked to take freaks me out, I guess because it might mean I'm sicker than I thought. Anyways, that's tomorrow afternoon and it's eating up half my last day of work, as if I had nothing else to do!

This weekend was lots of fun. On Saturday night, I went out with my friend L to a pub that reminds me of London pubs. I talked and she drank while this guy at the bar checked me out, and not in a subtle way. I'll take it while it lasts since I know this summer, boys will be looking at my bauld head. Then on Sunday, I went to Barrymore's 80s night with work friends. Blew off plenty of steam and maybe even confused the cancer cells a bit --"what's this? I thought we were in 2009! We're in the wrong place at the wrong time!" Sigh, that would be a nice 80s induced miracle.

I asked people at work to give me a book they've loved. Not one they want me to read, but one they really loved. Books will keep me busy for awhile. Someone suggested I post reviews of them on my blog...possible. Depends how much energy it takes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey sexy,

Your courage and bravery are truly inspiring. Attitude is the greatest aphrodisiac, and you have it in spades. You'll be turning the heads again before you know it, and I know you'll totally own the Mia Farrow look too.