Sunday, January 4, 2009

Blogging for cancer

Tonight I'm browsing the Web for blogs. I found quite a few interesting ones about design, bands I like and such, and about cancer --shocking just how many of them are out there. The thing is, I don't want to be part of the cancer club, join support groups or read about every other woman who has gone through this. The more books I read, the more my heads spins. But I'm so afraid to miss something, a piece of info I should have known, that I go around reading it all! Then I feel like I don't matter since it's all been done before. Last time I felt like this I was pregnant; when I have to live something that so many others have lived before me, I bombard myself with info for fear of missing something. But oddly enough, I refuse to let others' experiences define my own. By trying to pretend I'm the only person going through this, I give my gut a chance to speak to me loud and clear. So I will go to bed and write down all the questions that have been going around in circles in my head --I will need them for tomorrow morning's appointment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just read all of your blog.
“Stop whining, get a grip!”

There are many people worse off than you in this world.
You sound like you want to be special and you are using your breast cancer to do that.
You sound like you want to be unique but the reality is you have breast cancer just like lots of other women on this earth, so get a grip, stop whining and enjoy life.

Really, do you want to live the rest of your life whining.
The rest of your life could mean 10 days, 50 weeks, 100 years.
What a waste. You’re losing your time whining instead of enjoying life to it’s max.
You never know what tomorrow brings and you should know that by now, having breast cancer, so why waste you time whining. Just get a grip and start living.