Monday, January 12, 2009

Good news wrapped up in bad news

They WERE my MRI images and there IS cancer on them. Although I tried very hard not to think of it, I had hope...one week of hope. The good news, although it feels minimal now, is that there is no cancer anywhere else in my breasts --that the spot was so small they missed it the images. The odds are, I think, that I'm a stage 1 and it didn't spread to my lymph nodes...but what do I know. I should be happy, relieved, but I'm not. I'm sad and scared. Thursday I find out when surgery is.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thinking of you and hoping for the best. always available for a chat if you need one, same is true if you just need to go shopping or walking and think about something else for a bit (surely easier said than done)

m

Micheep said...

The fact that they missed it entirely on your MRI is nothing short of brilliant news at this point! It must be just a speck and only at Stage 1 (The "Chanel" of cancer stages, I once heard Sam say on Sex and the City). I don't know if you're one for SATC humour, you may be above it, but I'm sure not!