Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pre-op goodness

Tomorrow is my 4 hour long pre-op appointment at the Queensway Carleton Hospital, at 8:40. I will be seeing a nurse (for my medical history), a physiotherapist (for post surgery fun), home services (to plan for anything that will need to be replaced or drained --I know, gross), get a blood test and an EKG? --anyway, a heart test. Good holesome goodness. I'm bringing my ipod, my book and some magazines...oh and my patience.

Monday morning is an ultrasound and two x-rays, and on Thursday I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 for my surgery --are they kidding? That's the middle of the night for me! I need to get injected with dye again and prepped, then first one in. I should be out of surgery by mid-afternoon. Apparently, the pain killers are awesome...better be or I will be letting them know...loudly. Next day I go home with parents and my friend L will keep me company if she can. We put Oli in a kennel for the weekend, lucky dog won't want to come home! D should be home with me starting on that Monday, for awhile.

No comments: