Monday, January 5, 2009

Confused? Me?

This morning I went to my post-test oncology appointment, expecting a surgery date. Instead I got confusion. Apparently, the MRI I had a few weeks ago shows no signs of cancer. At all. Surprise! It's a Christmas miracle! Yes, you read correctly. So now my surgeon is confused and unimpressed, the nurses are confused, the centre's radiologist is working overtime to figure this out and me, I'm, well, pissed. The lumps are there so the assumtions are that a) the report isn't mine, b) the MRI images aren't mine, c) the MRI images are mine but the radiologist was in a rush to go home on Christmas eve and screwed up, d) the biopsy results weren't mine and so I might not have cancer, or e) all of the above...um, wait, that's impossible. So now I wait, again, on the mary-go-round. Maybe I should've asked about my bone scan. Or maybe I should just stop complaining. Nah. :)

4 comments:

bettyg said...

Wow! Sounds like you had an interesting day. Wouldn't be nice for it all to be a misunderstanding? Unbelievable! Someone needs to get his or her act together fast.

Leia said...

That is very odd indeed. What kind of professional makes mistakes on something so important. Sure it's Christmas Eve but that isn't an excuse. What a terrible misunderstanding, if that is the case. It sounds like an episode of 'House'!

A said...

As long as house is not my doctor though, cause he would just do another biopsy, and not bother freezing me first!

Smiley face said...

OUAW! Make sure you keep us up to date. What the heck they are going to do next?

Good luck
Take care